Design and Technology
Design and Technology (DT) is an inspiring and practical subject that encourages children to think creatively to solve problems. It teaches the children the knowledge, understanding, and skills needed for both planning, designing, and making. We encourage the children to use their creativity and imagination to design and make products that solve real and relevant problems for a designated customer. The children are encouraged to become innovators and risk-takers through testing prototypes and evaluating their designs. We aim to develop the children into analytical and reflective designers who can apply and adjust.
A successful learner at our schools will:
- Understand and apply the principles of a healthy and varied diet
- Be able to consider a customer and their requirements when problem solving
- Be able to come up with creative solutions
- Select from and use a wide range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks
- Have an understanding of how key events and individuals in design and technology have helped shape the world.
- Develop a range of practical skills
- Create work they are proud of